Making an appointment in advance ensures you’ll spend less time waiting in line at your local Department of Public Safety (DPS) office.
To schedule your appointment, visit the DPS online portal and:
- Select the reason for your trip.
- Choose the office you’d like to visit.
- Pick your date and time.
- Provide your information.
- Confirm your appointment.
If you have to visit the DPS office, choosing the right time can make a big difference. Consider:
- Visiting during the middle of the week. Mondays and Fridays are usually busy.
- Avoiding the days before and after holidays.
- Avoiding the first and last days of the month.
- Visiting in the morning. The lunch and evening hours are often crowded.