Register an Oklahoma Vehicle
OK driver’s are required to register their vehicles through the Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC). There are a few different reasons why you may need to title and register a vehicle for the first time. You may have:
- Purchased a vehicle from a private seller or dealership.
- Moved to Oklahoma from another state.
When you purchase a vehicle or move to Oklahoma, you have 30 days to title and register your car.
OK Vehicle Title and Registration
To register a vehicle in Oklahoma, visit your local tag agent and provide your:
- Out-of-state title (for used vehicles) or Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (MCO) (for new vehicles).
- Completed Application for Oklahoma Certificate of Title for a Vehicle (701-6)
- Completed vehicle inspection (for out-of-state vehicles) at a motor vehicle office.
- Odometer Disclosure Statement (729) form (if this information is not incorporated in the certificate of title or if the vehicle is more than 9 years old).
- Proof of insurance.
- Lien or loan information and documents (if applicable).
- Payment for the title and registration fees.
Oklahoma Car Title and Registration Fees
Registration fees are dependent on how many years the vehicle has been registered for.
- 1-4 years of being registered: $96.
- 5-8 years of being registered: $86.
- 9-12 years of being registered: $66.
- 13-16 years of being registered: $46.
- 17 years and older: $26.