Avoid a long line by making an appointment in advance through the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS).
To make an appointment, visit the DDS website and:
- Fill out the license/ID/permit form (link is on the bottom of the page).
- Once you have confirmed your ID info, click “make an appointment” on the bottom of the confirmation page.
- Choose a reason for your appointment.
- Choose the branch you wish to visit.
- Select a date.
- Select a time.
- Confirm your appointment.
Once you have filled out the license/ID/permit form, it is good for 60 days, and you will NOT have to fill it out again if you need to reschedule your meeting during that time.
Sometimes you won’t be able to complete your business online and will need to visit your local DDS office. To save time, consider avoiding:
- The first and last days of the month. These days tend to be crowded.
- Mondays and Fridays. The middle of the week is generally less busy.
- Days immediately before or after holidays.
- The lunch hours and evenings. If you can’t help visiting in the evening, be sure you give yourself enough time before closing to complete your transaction.