If you need to visit the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in West Virginia, consider saving time by booking an appointment in advance. To schedule an appointment:
- Visit the WV DMV online portal.
- Click “make an appointment.”
- Choose the type of transaction you must complete on your visit.
- Choose the location you plan to visit.
- Select a date and time.
- Provide your contact information and confirm your appointment.
Many common DMV tasks do NOT need to be completed at a DMV office. Often, you can use the DMV website to complete your transaction. With the DMV online system, you can:
- Renew your vehicle registration.
- Replace a missing or damaged registration.
- Renew a license or ID.
- Order a duplicate license or ID.
- Pay the fee to reinstate your license.
You can complete these transactions and more on the West Virginia DMV website.
There are some instances where visiting a DMV office is unavoidable. Circumvent the crowd by avoiding:
- Mondays and Fridays.
- The first and last days of the month.
- The days just before and after holidays.
- Lunch and evening hours.