The Tennessee Driver Services department allows customers to save time waiting in line by scheduling an appointment beforehand.
- Choose the category and/or reason for your visit. NOTE: You can also select “Get an E-Ticket,” which enables you to reserve a spot in line for same-day service.
- Pick your location.
- Select a date and time.
- Provide your contact information.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you can do so using the same portal.
Sometimes visiting the DMV is unavoidable. The Tennessee department of Driver Services allows customers to view wait times online before making their visit.
Generally, you can save time by avoiding the:
- First and last days of the month.
- Days immediately following or preceding holidays.
- Mondays and Fridays.
- Mornings and lunch hours.