Best Times to Visit a Missouri Department of Revenue Office
When planning for a trip to a Missouri license office, consider the best times to avoid long waits.
- Mornings are generally less crowded than afternoons.
- Mid-week is less crowded than Mondays or Fridays.
- Any day before or after a holiday will likely be more crowded.
- The first and last days of the month are often busy with customers conducting last minute business.
- Staff often go on lunch break starting around noon, leaving a reduced crew. Try to avoid the lunch hour.
- Be sure to arrive with plenty of time before closing to complete your transaction. This is especially important if you need to be complete a written test or road test.
Going to a Missouri License Office In Person
You may need to provide your:
- License or ID number.
- Social security number (SSN).
- Contact information.
If you are unable to make your appointment, please cancel or reschedule so that your spot can go to someone else.
Best Times to Visit a Missouri Licensing Office
Sometimes, visiting your local licensing office is unavoidable. However, you can still save time by visiting at days and times when it is less crowded. It’s often best to avoid:
- Mondays and Fridays.
- Lunch and evening hours.
- The first and last days of the month.
- The days immediately before or after holidays.
When you show up to your local office, make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to be able to complete your transaction - especially if you have to take an exam.