Louisiana OMV Appointments
The Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV) allows customers to make appointments at select locations ahead of time. Booking an appointment in advance ensures you’ll spend less time at the OMV office and keeps the crowd to a minimum for others as well.
Currently, the LA OMV allows customers to book appointments at the following locations:
- West Monroe.
- Breaux Bridge.
Book an Express Appointment
Skip is the #1 third-party for DMV related help not affiliated with any government entities
Going to the OMV In Person
To book an appointment at one of these locations, visit the OMV online portal and:
- Login (if you have not already created an account you can do so while you book your appointment).
- Choose your preferred location.
- Choose the category for your visit.
- Select a date and time.
- Input your information (this may have autofiled if you logged in already). You’ll need to know your:
- Email address.
- Driver license number.
- Vehicle identification number (VIN).
- Phone number (so the OMV can send you a reminder).
Best Times to Visit the Louisiana OMV
If you have to visit your local office, there are some things to keep in mind to make your visit less stressful:
- Consider visiting in the morning; The lunch hours and evenings are often the busiest. If you must show up later in the day, make sure you leave yourself enough time to complete your transaction.
- Avoid Monday and Fridays. The middle of the week is usually less crowded.
- Avoid the first and last days of the month and the days before and after holidays.