The Illinois Secretary of State (SOS) allows customers to make appointments ahead of time to spend less time at the office. Make your appointment by:
- Visiting the SOS online portal.
- Choosing between “In Car Test or License” and “ID Card Services.”
- Choosing whether you prefer to make an appointment for the same day or in advance.
- Selecting the date and time.
- Providing your contact information.
- Confirming your appointment.
Book an Express Appointment
Skip is the #1 third-party for DMV related help not affiliated with any government entities
If you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, please do so before your appointment time so that someone else can be served.
These include but are NOT limited to:
Sometimes visiting an SOS office is unavoidable. If you must make a trip to the SOS office, try to avoid:
- Lunch hours and evenings.
- Mondays and Firdays.
- The days immediately before or after national holidays.
- The first and last days of the month.
These are the times when SOS offices are the most crowded. Always make sure you leave yourself enough time to complete your transaction.