DMV Appointments in Connecticut
Save time at the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) by booking an appointment in advance. You can book an appointment at:
Going to DMV in Person
- Limited service DMV Express Offices.
Schedule an Appointment at the CT DMV
To make an appointment, at a full-service DMV office, visit the Connecticut DMV online portal and:
- Select the category that your visit falls under.
- Choose the reason for your visit.
- Select the office nearest to you.
- Choose a date and time.
- Enter your:
- Email address.
- Phone number.
- Choose when and how you’d like to be reminded of your upcoming appointment (text or email).
CT Limited Service DMV Express Offices
A few common DMV services can be completed at various express offices. These include*:
- License and ID card renewal (no CDLs).
- Duplicate IDs and licenses.
- Registration renewal.
- Duplicate registration.
- Registration name changes.
- Driving record requests.
There are DMV Express Offices in:
*Different offices may not offer all of these services.
CT DMV Online Services
Many Connecticut DMV errands can be completed without visiting the DMV. You can complete the following tasks and more through the CT DMV website:
- Pay license reinstatement fees.
- Check your driver license status.
- Renew your vehicle registration.
- Print a duplicate registration.
- Order replacement or specialized license plates.
Best Times to Visit the Connecticut DMV
If you’re unable to complete your DMV task online, you can still save time by choosing the right time to visit the office. Consider avoiding the following days and times, which are often the most crowded:
- Mondays and Fridays.
- The days immediately before or after a holiday.
- The first and last days of the month.
- The lunch and evening hours. Also, make sure to give yourself enough time to complete your transaction, especially if you’re taking a test.