The Utah Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) allows customers to schedule appointments in advance to keep lines down at the office. You can schedule appointments at the following offices:
- South Valley.
- Salt Lake.
To schedule an appointment, visit the UT DMV online scheduling portal and:
- Select the office you wish to visit.
- Choose the reason for your visit.
- Select an available date and time.
- Provide your contact information.
Many common DMV tasks do NOT require visiting a DMV office. These include:
- Replacing a registration or title.
- Renewing vehicle registration.
- Changing an address.
- Ordering license plates.
Visit the UT DMV website to complete these transactions and more.
Sometimes visiting the DMV is unavoidable. If this is the case, you may be able to save time at your local DMV by avoiding:
- Lunch hours and evenings.
- Mondays and Fridays.
- The first and last days of the month.
- The days immediately before and after national holidays.