Texas DPS Drivers License & ID Appointments
The Texas DPS offers all in-office driver license and identification card services by appointment only. Most DPS Drivers License offices do have a limited number of same-day appointments available, they fill up quickly. So it's best to plan ahead.
To schedule your appointment, visit the Texas DPS Scheduler portal and provide your:
- TX driver’s license or ID card number.
- Date of Birth.
- Last 4 digits of your social security number (SSN).
- Contact information.
Going to DPS In Person
Choose the location, date, and time most convenient for you and schedule your appointment.
Texas DPS Online Services
Most of the time, you won’t even need to visit your local office to take care of your TX DMV business. Many common DMV tasks are available online.
Through the Texas DPS website, you can:
- Renew your driver’s license or ID.
- Replace your driver’s license or ID.
- Renew your registration.
- Pay fees to reinstate your Texas license.
- Obtain your driving record.
Check to see if you can complete your DPS or DMV business online before you make a trip.
Best Times to Visit Your Texas DPS Office
It’s unavoidable -- sometimes you’ll have to visit your local office. Keep these tips in mind to ensure you don’t spend too much time waiting in line:
- Mondays and Fridays are usually busier than the middle of the week.
- The first and last days of the month are typically the most crowded.
- Avoid visiting on days immediately before or after a holiday.
- Lunch hours and evenings are generally more crowded than the mornings. Also, make sure you leave yourself enough time to complete your transaction before closing -- especially if you’re taking a test.