Scheduling your Indiana DMV appointment ensures you’ll spend less time waiting in line. You can make, view, or cancel an appointment to your local Bureau of Motor Vehicles office online.
To make an Indiana BMV appointment:
There are many visits you can schedule DMV appointments in Indiana for, including:
- First-time registration.
- Driver’s license services.
- Registration renewal.
- Registration, title, or driver’s license replacement.
However, many DMV tasks can be performed online, saving you considerable time.
With MyBMV -- Indiana’s online service portal -- you can perform a number of DMV errands without leaving the house. Some of these services include:
If you can’t complete your business online, and can’t schedule a DMV appointment in advance, walk-ins are still welcome. Operating hours may vary based on location.
When you visit your local BMV office, save time by avoiding:
- Mondays and Fridays. The middle of the week is generally less busy.
- The days before and after holidays.
- The first and last of the month.
- Lunch hours and evenings. Be sure to give yourself enough time if you have to take an exam. The BMV stops administering tests an hour before closing.