The South Dakota Department of Public Safety (DPS) allows customers to save time at their local licensing office by booking an appointment in advance. To schedule an appointment, visit the online portal and:
- Choose the reason for your visit.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Select the office and pick a date and time for your visit.
- Enter your name and birthdate.
- Provide your email address and phone number.
- Confirm your appointment.
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, use the same online portal and provide the appointment number you were given when you confirmed your appointment.
There are many common DPS tasks that do NOT require a visit to your local office. If you are able, please use the online portal to complete these tasks and keep the licensing offices less crowded. Online services include: