DPS Appointments in South Dakota:
The South Dakota Department of Public Safety (DPS) allows customers to save time at their local licensing office by booking an appointment in advance. To schedule an appointment, visit the online portal and:
- Choose the reason for your visit.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Select the office and pick a date and time for your visit.
- Enter your name and birthdate.
- Provide your email address and phone number.
- Confirm your appointment.
Going to the DPS Office In Person
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, use the same online portal and provide the appointment number you were given when you confirmed your appointment.
South Dakota DPS Online Services
There are many common DPS tasks that do NOT require a visit to your local office. If you are able, please use the online portal to complete these tasks and keep the licensing offices less crowded. Online services include:
Best Times to Visit an SD DPS Licensing Office
Sometimes visiting a DPS office is unavoidable. In these cases, you can save time by avoiding:
- Mondays and Fridays.
- Lunch hours and evenings.
- The first and last days of the month.
- The days right before or after holidays.