Maryland MVA Appointment Scheduling
Maryland MVA Appointments Required
If you can’t handle your business with the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) online, then you must schedule an appointment as visiting the Maryland MVA in Person requires an appointment.
Schedule your Maryland MVA appointment by:
- Visiting the MVA website appointment scheduling portal.
- Selecting a category for your appointment.
- Choosing a date and time.
- Providing your contact information.
Maryland MVA Appointment FAQ
Do I need to wear a mask during my appointment due to COVID-19?
How can I get my MVA Appointment Confirmation Code?
Can I reschedule or cancel my MVA appointment?
What services can I receive during my MVA appointment?
What documents do I need to bring to my REAL ID appointment?
How do I schedule an appointment with the Maryland MVA?
What is an MVA appointment, and why do I need one?
Going to MVA in Person
If you prefer, you can schedule your appointment by phone, by dialing (410) 768-7000.
Some common reasons to schedule a Maryland MVA appointment are to:
- Schedule a driving skills test or knowledge test.
- Apply for a REAL ID.
- Apply for a learner’s permit.
- Title and register a new vehicle.
- Renew your Maryland driver’s license*.
To look up, cancel or reschedule an existing appointment, visit the MVA portal and provide the requested information.
*If eligible, you may be able to renew your driver’s license online.
Complete MVA Transactions Online
In many cases, there’s no need for an MVA appointment or to visit an MVA office at all. Many common MVA services are offered online, including:
- Registration renewal.
- Driver’s license and ID renewal (if eligible).
- Ordering duplicate a registration or title.
- Requesting your driving record.
- Changing your address.
- Ordering personalized plates.
Self-service kiosks are available at all MVA locations. Many common transactions can be formed using these convenient machines.
Some of these transactions include:
- Changing your address.
- Ordering replacement license plates.
- Printing a duplicate registration card.
- Renewing your vehicle registration.
Best Times to Visit the Maryland MVA
If you can’t complete your transaction online, at an eMVA kiosk, or schedule an MVA appointment in advance, you can still spend less time at the MVA office by timing your visit.
- First and last days of the month are more crowded.
- Middle of the week is less crowded than Mondays and Fridays.
- Mornings are less busy than the lunch hours and evenings.
- Days before and after holidays are especially crowded.