KS residents have several ways to renew their license or ID card. You can renew:
- In person.
Only drivers between 21 and 50 years old can renew their licenses online. How long your license is valid depends on your age:
- Under 65: Valid 6 years.
- 65 or older: Valid 4 years.
Renew KS License Online
To renew your ID or driver’s license online, you must:
- Visit the iKan online portal.
- Login to your iKan account. If you do not have an account, you can create one using your email address.
- Follow the instructions to renew your license. You may be asked to provide your:
- License or ID number.
- Payment information.
Renew Your Kansas License in Person
- Your current photo ID or license. If you lost your current identification, you must follow the instructions for replacing your ID.
- Proof of KS residency. This may include your:
- Renewal notice (received in the mail).
- Rental or lease agreement.
- W-2 or 1099 tax form.
- Medical certification for commercial drivers license (CDL) holders only.
- Payment for the applicable fee.
KS License Renewal Fees
- Non-driver ID renewal: $22.
- Non-driver ID renewal (disabled or senior): $18.
- Standard A or B license: $32
- Standard A or B license for seniors: $24.
- Standard A or B license for seniors with “M” endorsement: $33.
- CDL renewal: $26.
- CDL renewal with “M” endorsement: $35.