Book an Express Appointment
Schedule or cancel your Florida DMV appointment online by using the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles’ On-line Appointment Service and Information System (OASIS).
Use this link to schedule FL DMV appointments for the following counties:
Making an appointment with the DHSMV ensures you will spend as little time in the office as possible. You can schedule a Florida DMV appointment for many reasons, including:
- Applying for a license, learner’s permit, or ID card.
- Renewing your license.
- Taking a driving test.
- Changing the name on your license.
However, many common tasks DO NOT require an in-person visit to your local field office and can be performed online.
Save a trip by completing the following DMV errands online:
If you can’t make a Florida DMV appointment or complete your task online, you can still save time by timing your visit when it is least crowded.
As a general rule, the:
- Middle of the week is less crowded than Mondays and Fridays.
- Lunch hours are the busiest, since that is when many employees take their breaks.
- Days before or after holidays are especially crowded.
- DMV will not issue tests past a certain point in the evening -- get there early to ensure you can complete your transaction before the office closes.
Before you visit a FLHSMV office, be sure to verify that the location is capable of processing your request. There are 3 types of offices:
- Driver License (DL) services only centers, which handle requests such as processing ID cards, issuing knowledge and driving skills tests, etc.
- Motor Vehicle (MV) services only centers, which handle requests like vehicle registration and titling, disability parking placards, license plates, etc.
- Dual service centers, which can perform all DMV-related tasks.