License or ID Renewal in Delaware
You can renew your Delaware license:
- In person at a Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV)office.
Non-driver IDs must be renewed at a DMV office.
Obtaining a REAL ID also requires a trip to the DMV.
Renew a DE License Online
To renew your Delaware license online, visit the DMV online portal and login to your MyDMV account.
NOTE: Driving privilege card, immigrant length-of-stay, and HAZMAT driver card holders may NOT renew online.
If you don’t already have a MyDMV account you can create one by providing your license number and social security number (SSN).
You may also be asked to confirm your address and birthdate.
You must also provide credit or debit card information for payment for the applicable renewal fee.
Renew a Delaware ID or License in Person
To renew your ID or license in person, visit your local DMV office and be prepared to:
- Provide your:
- Current ID.
- Payment for the renewal fee.
- Medical certification, if you hold a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Take a vision test.
DE License or ID Renewal Fee
- License: $40.
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL): $48.
- CDL with HAZMAT (valid only 5 years): $30.
- A or B non-CDL license: $40.
- Non-driver ID: $20.
Renewing after the expiration date will incur a $10 late renewal fee.