Save time at the Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) by making an appointment in advance through the DMV website.
NOTE: You must make separate appointments for each service you require.
To schedule a DMV appointment, visit the online portal and:
- Select the category for your visit.
- Choose the branch you wish to visit.
- Pick an available date and time.
- Provide your contact information.
You can also use the same portal to cancel or edit any existing appointments.
Many Alaska DMV transactions do NOT require an in-person visit. Many common tasks can be completed online. Some of these include:
Sometimes a visit to the DMV is unavoidable. Make sure you spend less time waiting in line by:
- Visiting during the middle of the week. Mondays and Fridays are typically more crowded.
- Avoiding the first and last days of the month.
- Avoiding the days immediately preceding or following holidays.
- Visiting in the morning. Lunch hours and the evening tend to be busier. Also, make sure you leave yourself enough time to complete your transaction, especially if you are taking a test.