Skip to main content

Wyoming License Renewal

Renew Wyoming License or ID

It’s important for Wyoming residents to keep a valid identification card. You can renew your Wyoming ID or license:

  • By mail.


  • In person.

Renew WY License or ID by Mail

You can renew your license or ID by mail once every 10 years, as long as you do NOT need to renew a HAZMAT endorsement for your commercial driver’s license (CDL).

If you are eligible to renew by mail, you’ll receive an application in the mail about 120 days before your current ID expires. However, you can renew before then.

NOTE: Before renewing a driver’s license by mail, you MUST have completed the Vision Attestation section of the Wyoming Driver License Application and the screening date must be within 1 year of renewing (for driver’s licenses only).

Documents required may vary depending on what you have previously provided. Contact the Department of Transportation (DOT) to find out what documents you must provide.

To renew by mail:

  1. Complete the Wyoming Driver License Application OR the Identification Card Application.
  2. Provide the necessary documents. This will likely include 2 documents to prove residency*. This may be a:
    • Utility bill.
    • Bank statement.
    • Paystub.
  3. Enclose a check for the applicable fee.
  4. Mail your items to:

WYDOT Driver Services
5300 Bishop Blvd.
Cheyenne, WY 82009

You should receive your new license or ID within 30 days.

If you need to have your license or ID sent to an out-of-state address, complete a Forwarding Request form and send it with the other items.

*The DOT provides a complete list of accepted residency documents.

Renew a Wyoming License or ID in Person

To renew in person, visit your local licensing office and provide any documents you have NOT yet provided to the DOT. This may include your*:

  • Proof of identity: This may include your:
    • U.S. passport or birth certificate.
    • Permanent resident card.
    • Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization.
  • Proof of social security number (SSN). This may include your:
    • Social security card.
    • W-2 form.
    • IRS tax form.
  • 2 documents to prove residency. This may include your:
    • Utility bill.
    • Bank statement.
    • Paystub.
  • Proof of legal name change. This may include a:
    • Marriage certificate.
    • Divorce decree.
    • Court-issued document.
  • Doctor-completed Vision Evaluation form OR Medical Evaluation form (if applicable).

You must then:

  • Take a photo.
  • Pass a vision test.
  • Surrender your license OR provide another form of identification (such as a birth certificate, car registration, W-2 form, etc.)*.
  • Pay the applicable renewal fee.

*The DOT provides a complete list of accepted documents.

WY License or ID Renewal Fees

  • Class C renewal: $35.00
  • CDL renewal: $45.00
  • Non-driver ID renewal: $10.00

See the DOT fee schedule for a complete list of license and ID fees.