REAL ID in Wyoming
In the near future, you’ll be required to present a federally accepted ID (such as a REAL ID-compliant ID or passport) to:
- Board domestic flights.
- Enter federal facilities.
- Enter nuclear power plants.
Most Wyoming residents already possess a REAL ID. Check yours by looking in the upper-right corner for a gold star, which indicates a REAL ID.
Obtaining a REAL ID requires making a trip to your local Department of Transportation (DOT) office.
REAL ID Requirements in WY
To obtain a REAL ID, visit your local DOT office and provide:
- Proof of identity. This may include a:
- U.S. birth certificate.
- U.S. passport.
- Permanent resident card.
- Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship.
- Proof of social security. This may include your:
- Social security card.
- W-2 form.
- Bank statement.
- 2 documents to prove your Wyoming residence. Documents must be no more than 30-45 days old. These can include any mail addressed to you at your current residence.They can also include a:
- Vehicle registration.
- Voter registration card.
- Utility bill.
- Proof of name change (if applicable). This may include a:
- Marriage certificate.
- Divorce decree.
- Name change document issued by a state or federal court.
Check the DOT website for a complete list of accepted documents.
Wyoming REAL ID Fees
There is no additional fee to obtain a REAL ID.
- Class C renewal: $35.00
- Class C original: $45.00
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL) renewal: $45.00
- CDL original: $55.00
- Non-driver ID original or renewal: $10.00