Wisconsin DOT Appointments
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) allows customers to book appointments in advance to:
- Complete driver’s license/ID transactions.
- Schedule a road test.
Going to DMV In Person
To schedule an appointment for a license appointment, use the license/ID guide. The guide will direct you to complete your transaction online, unless you must visit a DMV office. In that case, you will be able to schedule an appointment by providing your:
- License, ID or social security number (SSN).
- Zip code.
- Email address and phone number.
Use the road test scheduling portal to make an appointment for a road test.
If you must cancel or reschedule an existing appointment, you can do so online.
WI DOT Online Services
There are many transactions that do NOT require visiting a DOT office. These include but are not limited to:
- Renewing a driver’s license or ID.
- Replacing registration stickers.
- Renewing a registration.
- Changing your address.
- Titling and registering vehicles.
Visit the DOT online portal to complete these transactions.
Best Times to Visit the Wisconsin DOT
There are some situations in which visiting a DOT office is necessary. In these cases, consider avoiding:
- Lunch and evening hours.
- Mondays and Fridays.
- The days before and after holidays.
- The first and last days of the month.