Renew a Vermont Vehicle Registration
Keeping a valid vehicle registration in Vermont is important. Registration fees are due every year or every other year. There are a few different ways to renew. You can renew your VT vehicle registration:
- By phone.
- By mail.
- In person.
All options allow you to renew your registration the month it expires, except for in-person renewal, which allows you to renew up to 60 days before expiration.
VT Online Registration Renewal
Renewing online will allow you to print a temporary vehicle registration that will be valid for 10 days.
To renew online, visit the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) online portal and:
- Provide your license number, registration renewal number, OR provide your license plate number AND select the vehicle type.
- Follow the instructions to complete your renewal.
- Provide payment of the renewal fee.
After you complete your transaction, print your temporary registration to carry in your vehicle while you wait for your registration document and sticker to arrive in the mail.
Renew Vermont Registration by Mail
Another convenient method for registration renewal in Vermont is renewing by mail. To renew by mail:
- Complete the form included with the renewal notice you receive in the mail OR complete a Vermont Registration Tax & Title Application (VD-119).
- Enclose a check for the applicable fee.
- Mail your items to:
P.O. Box 1308
Williston, Vermont 05495-1308
It will take about 10 business days to receive your new registration and decal.
Vermont Registration Renewal by Phone
The final way to renew a Vermont registration remotely is by phone. To renew by phone:
- Call (866) 259-5368.
- Provide your driver’s license number.
- Provide your credit or debit card information for payment.
The DMV will mail you your new registration card and decal.
Renew VT Registration in Person
To renew in person, visit your local DMV office or county clerk’s office and provide your:
- Payment for the applicable renewal fee.
- Your signed renewal notice.
Vermont Vehicle Registration Fees
- Gas or diesel passenger car (1-year registration): $76.00
- Gas or diesel passenger car (2-year registration): $140.00
- Electric passenger car (1-year registration): $74.00
- Electric passenger car (2-year registration): $136.00
See the fee schedule for a complete list of vehicle types and fees.