Renew Nevada Driver’s License
There are a few different ways you can renew your driver’s license or state ID in Nevada. You can renew:
- By mail or fax (for seniors and out-of-state residents only).
- In person.
You may renew up to 90 days before expiration.
If you are applying for a REAL ID when you renew you must visit a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office.
Renew Nevada License Online
The easiest way to renew your NV driver’s license or state ID is online. You can renew your license online if you:
- Are between 16 and 70 years old.
- Are a U.S. citizen.
- Do NOT have a commercial driver’s license.
- Do NOT have a suspended or revoked license.
- Do NOT have short-term license, driver’s permit, or sex-offender’s license.
- Have NOT been convicted of 3 or more moving violations in the past 4 years.
All 4 or 8-year non-driver ID card holders may renew online.
To renew online, visit the online portal and:
- Log into your MyDMV account. You may need to create an account. This requires your license or ID number.
- Social security number.
- Email address.
- Provide the requested information.
- Provide payment for the renewal fee.
Once your transaction is completed, you will be mailed your new license or ID.
Renew NV Driver’s License by Mail
Nevada residents 65 years old and older can renew by mail or fax.
To renew by mail or fax:
- Complete the application that arrived with your renewal notice.
- Enclose payment.
- Mail your items to the address provided on your renewal notice OR fax them to the number listed.
People staying temporarily out-of-state can renew by mail. To do this:
- Download and complete an Application for Driving Privilege or ID Card By Mail (DMV 204).
- Enclose payment. You may pay by credit or debit card by completing and providing a Payment Authorization Form (ADM 205).
- Mail your items to:
Department of Motor Vehicles
555 Wright Way
Carson City, NV 89711
Renew Nevada Driver’s License in Person
Some people may be required or may prefer to renew their license or ID in person.
To renew in person:
- Visit your local driver’s licensing office.
- Provide your current license or ID.
- Provide medical certification (if applicable).
- Provide payment.
NV License Renewal Fees
- 8-year license renewal: $42.25
- 4-year license renewal (65 years old and older): $23.25
- 8-year non-driver ID renewal (10-17 years old): $10.25.
- 4-year non-driver ID renewal (10-17 years old): $7.25.
- 8-year non-driver ID renewal (18-64 years old): $22.25.
- 4-year non-driver ID renewal (18-64 years old): $13.25.
- Non-driver ID renewal (65 years old and older): $4.25.
- 8-year CDL renewal (no skills test required): $112.25.
- 4-year CDL renewal (no skills test required): $58.25.
- 8-year CDL renewal (skills test required): $142.25.
- 4-year CDL renewal (skills test required): $88.25.
- Late renewal (after 30 days): $10.