Renew Driver’s License in New Mexico
Depending on your eligibility, you may be able to renew your license or ID:
- In person.
You can renew online if you(r):
- Are 18 years old or older (rule applies to drivers only).
- Are applying for a REAL ID for the first time.
- Do NOT possess a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- License or ID has NOT expired or has been expired for less than 12 months.
Renew New Mexico Driver’s License Online
To renew your New Mexico driver’s license or ID card:
- Visit the MVD website.
- Navigate to the online portal by clicking “Online Services.”
- Click “Renew/Replace Driver’s License or ID.
- Provide your:
- Driver’s license or ID number.
- Last name and birthdate.
- Last 4 digits of your social security number (SSN).
- Pay the renewal fee.
Once you’ve completed the transaction, the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) will mail you your new identification.
Renew New Mexico Driver’s License in Person
If you’re unable to renew online, you’ll have to renew your ID or license at your local MVD office.
There, you may be asked to provide your:
- Current license or ID.
- Social security number (SSN).
- Payment for the renewal fee.
If you’re applying for a REAL ID, additional documents are required.
NM License Renewal Fees
- Licenses and IDs for residents over 79 years old expire every year and are free to renew.
- 4-year non-operator ID: $10.
- 8-year non-operator ID: $18.
- 4-year license: $18.
- 8-year license: $34.