Renew Vehicle Registration in Massachusetts
Massachusetts residents must keep their vehicle registrations up-to-date to continue driving their vehicles legally. Registration fees for passenger vehicles are due every other year.
You can renew:
- By mail.
Registration CANNOT be renewed if a vehicle:
- Is uninsured.
- Registration is currently suspended or revoked.
- There are outstanding tickets, taxes, or violations to be paid.
MA Online Registration Renewal
To renew a vehicle registration online, visit the online renewal portal and provide:
- Your driver’s license number.
- The last 4 digits of your social security number (SSN).
- Email address.
- Credit/debit card information for payment of the renewal fee.
Renew Massachusetts Car Registration by Mail
To renew by mail, you must:
- Complete a Registration and Title Application (TTLREG100_1119) form*.
- Provide a check for the renewal fee made payable to “MassDOT.”
- Mail the above items to:
Attention: Mail-In Registration Department
P.O. Box 55891
Boston, MA 02205
*Your renewal notice will say if your insurance policy is on file with the Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV). If your insurance is NOT on file with the RMV, you must have your application stamped by your insurance agent for proof of insurance.
Massachusetts Registration Renewal Fees
- Passenger vehicle: $60 (due every other year).
- Passenger vehicle with a vanity plate: $80 (due annually).
- Motorcycle: $20 (due annually).
For a complete breakdown of vehicle types and their renewal fees, see the RMV fee schedule.