Renew Kentucky Driver’s License or ID
Kentucky driver’s licenses are valid for 4 or 8 years. You can renew your KY license in person at a Driver Licensing Regional Office or Circuit Court Clerk’s office. Consider making an appointment to spend less time waiting in line.
To renew your license or non-driver ID visit your office of choice and provide your*:
- Current identification.
- Payment for the renewal fees.
If you are 21 years old or older you can renew up to:
- 6 months prior to expiration.
- 1 year after expiration. Renewing more than 1 year after expiration will require a written test.
*NOTE: Obtaining a REAL ID for the first time requires additional documents.
KY License and ID Renewal Fees
Fees for renewal of standard licenses and IDs are as follows:
- License renewal (4 years): $21.50.
- License renewal (8 years): $43.
- ID renewal (4 years): $11.50.
- ID renewal (8 years): $23.