Renew Kansas Vehicle Registration
There are a few different ways to renew your KS vehicle registration. Most counties allow residents to renew:
- By mail.
- In person.
Renew KS Registration Online
All Kansas residents can renew vehicle registrations by using the iKan portal, provided they/their:
- Did NOT move within the last registration period.
- Did NOT allow their current registration to expire.
- Do NOT have a personalized plate that needs updating.
- Insurance company submitted their policy information to the Department of Revenue.
To renew, simply login to the online portal and provide the requested information. If you don’t have an account already, you can make one by providing your email address and creating a password.
Online renewal may require your:
- License plate number.
- Vehicle identification number (VIN).
- Insurance policy number.
- Credit/debit card information for payment.
Renew Kansas Vehicle Registration by Mail
You can renew your vehicle registration by mail if you:
- Fill out the form included with your vehicle registration OR print out a new form on the Department of Revenue website.
- Provide a copy of your insurance.
- Provide a check or money order made out to your county treasurer.
- Enclose the items in an envelope and mail them to the address provided on your renewal notice. Some counties may have drop box locations where you can drop off your registration items.
Average processing time for mail registration renewal may take up to 2 weeks.
Renew Your Kansas Car Registration in Person
Some county treasurer’s offices allow in-person registration renewal. When you renew in person, you may be asked to provide your:
- Registration renewal notice OR:
- Current registration.
- Tag number.
- Insurance card or proof of liability insurance. Must include your:
- Policy number.
- Vehicle year and make.
- Issue and expiration date.
- Accepted forms of payments may vary between locations.
KS Registration Renewal Fees
- Vehicles under 4,500 pounds: $42.50.
- Vehicles over 4,500 pounds: $52.25.
- 12-meter trucks: $52.25.
- Motorcycles: $28.25.
Registration fees for other vehicles can be found on the Department of Revenue website.