Washington DC DMV Appointments
The Washington DC Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) allows customers to schedule appointments in advance to save time at the office. Schedule an appointment by:
- Visiting the DMV online portal.
- Clicking “Make an Appointment” and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Selecting the office and the category for your visit.
- Choosing a date and time.
- Providing your contact information.
Going to DMV in Person
If you need to reschedule, you can use the same online portal to edit or cancel your appointment.
Washington DC DMV Online Appointments
The Washington DC DMV also has many services that can be completed without having to visit an office. These services include but are not limited to:
Best Times to Visit the DC DMV
If you must visit a DMV office and are unable to make an appointment, you can still save time by choosing the right time to make your trip. Generally, it’s best to avoid:
- Lunch hours and evenings.
- Days before or following holidays.
- The first and last days of the month.
- Mondays and Fridays.
The days and times listed above are often when offices are at their busiest.