Washington License Renewal
There are a few different ways to renew a Washington license or ID through the Department of Licensing (DOL). You can renew:
- By Mail.
- In person.
You must renew between 1 year before and 60 days after your card expires to avoid a late fee.
If you wish to obtain a REAL ID for the first time, additional documentation is required.
Renew a Washington License Online
If you are eligible to renew your license or ID online, you will receive a renewal notice prior to your expiration.
To renew a WA license or ID online:
- Visit the DOL online portal.
- Login or create a License eXpress account OR provide your:
- License or ID number.
- Social security number (SSN).
- Current address.
- Provide credit card or banking account information for the renewal fee. The DOL accepts:
- American Express.
Your new card will be mailed to you within 7-10 days. If it takes more than 30 days to receive your license or ID, call (360) 902-3900 (TTY: 711).
Renew a Washington License by Mail
To renew by mail, simply:
- Fill out the forms included with the renewal notice you received in the mail.
- Enclose payment for your renewal fee.
- Mail your items to the address provided.
Renew a WA License in Person
To renew in person, visit your local DOL office and provide your:
- Current or expired ID or license.
- Payment for the renewal fee.
WA License Renewal Fees
- Standard license or ID: $54.
- Enhanced/REAL ID or license: $78.
- Late fee: $10.
- CDL renewal: $156.