Renew a North Dakota Vehicle Registration
Drivers in North Dakota are required to keep a valid registration for their vehicles. You can renew:
- In person.
- By mail.
Registration fees are due annually.
North Dakota Online Registration Renewal
To renew an ND vehicle registration online, visit the ND Department of Transportation (DOT) online portal and provide your:
- Invoice number (found on your renewal notice) OR title number and license plate number (found on your current registration).
- Credit or debit card information for payment of the applicable fees.
It may take 5-10 days to receive your registration and plate stickers in the mail.
Renew ND Vehicle Registration in Person
- Driver’s license.
- Current registration.
- Insurance card.
- Payment for the renewal fee.
Renew ND Vehicle Registration by Mail
When you renew by mail, you must:
- Complete the form provided with your renewal notice.
- Provide a check for the applicable amount
- Mail it to the listed address.
Your new registration and decal will be mailed to your address.
North Dakota Registration Renewal Fees
Registration fees are dependent on the age, weight, and vehicle type. Use the fee calculator to determine costs.