Kentucky Vehicle Registration Renewal
Kentucky residents are required to keep their vehicle registration up-to-date. You can renew your registration:
- In person at your county clerk’s office.
Renew KY Registration Online
You can renew your KY vehicle plate online if you(r):
- Vehicle is not leased.
- Your registration is unexpired.
- Plate type is eligible for online renewal.
- Vehicle is insured for at least 45 days after the date you renew.
To renew online, visit the KY online renewal portal and provide your:
- Plate number.
- Title number.
- Credit or debit card information for payment.
It may take 5-7 days for your transaction to be processed.
Renew Kentucky Vehicle Registration in Person
To renew in person, visit a county clerk’s office and provide your:
- License or ID.
- Original proof of insurance (must be effective for at least 45 days after the date you are renewing).
- Current registration.
- Payment for the registration fees for your license plate type.
KY Registration Renewal Fees
- Standard plates: $21.50
- Motorcycle: $18.50.
- Farm: $21.
- Mail fee (for online renewal): $2.
Prices for personalized plates can be viewed here.